Twenty first century has brought with it some dreaded diseases and obesity is one of the top diseases that experts are tackling these days. Moreover, the obesity has become a curse because it leads to so many health problems that scientists have coined a term “syndrome X” that comprises of diseases resulting due to obesity. Hypertension, diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia etc are some of the major diseases that come under this category.
Our busy and stressed out lifestyles may be blamed for it or you may blame our changed eating patterns. All these things result in an imbalance between various bodily factors leading in turn to obesity. All the diseases resulting from obesity lead to end-organ damage; means due to obesity and problems related to it, you are slowly deteriorating your kidney, liver, pancreas, heart etc). No wonder scientists and health professionals are bus finding solution for this malady and reduce the high mortality rates due to these maladies.
Waist-hip ratio is more important:
The people who are overtly concerned about body mass index need to read this precisely. Earlier the BMI or body mass index was considered the sole culprit for above mentioned diseases. Well high BMI is dangerous but the high waist-hip ratio is said to be more dangerous and can lead to the diseases early. The central obesity is said to be one of the most problematic situations in both men and women. In women, such high waist hip ratio affects them especially after menopause and thereafter they equal their risk of developing cardiac diseases. In short, establishing normal waist hip ratio with apt diet and exercise can go a long way in establishing harmonious vital parameters.
But while embarking on your fitness regime, make sure that you are consistent in it because unless you set a goal for yourself, you may never get results!
Remember the following 12 things in weight reduction:
(1) Remove the word impossible from your dictionary. Yes, a positive outlook towards your fitness regime can go a long way to have shapely body and weight reduction.
(2) Consulting an expert should be the next step. Seek expertise to set goals for yourself too. Let them suggest you the apt diet and exercise regimen. Understanding problem areas can help you do particular exercises so that fat in those areas can be reduced.
(3) Your water intake must be good. 8-10 glasses of water per day can help.
(4) Do not let the feeling of deprivation affect your fitness regime. The trick is not to stop completely a particular delicacy that you love but to reduce the portion to half and later quarter to make it possible. Also remember that pampering once in a while is fine!
(5) Learning gym exercises can be fun but you need to be consistent. If gym is not for you, you can always learn “at home” exercises from expert and do them regularly at home. The idea behind is being consistent and not to leave your regimen midway.
(6) The experts suggest that if you try to mingle different exercise regimens in your routine daily, it will be fun. So go aerobics one day and brisk walks the other day. This helps you carry along with your regime for longer period.
(7) Remember whatever exercise regimen you opt for learning Yoga and Pranayama enhance your mental acuity and stamina to continue the same.
(8) If you are thinking to buy weight loss pills available online, be cautious. Hefty advertisements about weight loss pills may be hyperbole. Rather never take any weight loss pill without consulting your doctor. It may lea to severe side effects if not suited to you.
(9) Opting for natural ways of weight loss including alternative modes of therapy like Homeopathy and Ayurveda is better over “quick weight loss” regimens because these natural therapies help you reduce weight without leading to any side effects.
(10) Do not do crash diets; instead opt for raw foods and replace your fatty stuff with raw stuff and fruits.
(11) If your bowels are not cleared everyday, you need to do something about it. Do not go for laxatives and purgatives; but opt for healthy diet, water, and natural therapies to improve your bowel habits. Your irregular bowel habits can prove deleterious on your weight loss goals.
(12) Setting goals for yourself can help you be consistent with your weight loss regimen. Reaching the goal step by step is in itself a great reward.